JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Based at Egg Innovations’ headquarters in Warsaw, Indiana with travel needed across the Midwest to visit family farmers and the flocks, this position reports to the Director of Live Operations. The Field Technician is responsible for inspecting farms for compliance with contract and cooperative agreement standards and advises farmers regarding development programs to aid in producing quality products by performing the following duties. This position will maintain a food safety culture and require all employees to participate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
All employees are responsible to report food safety and quality issues to those responsible to initiate action.
- Visit producer locations, with established frequency or as need arises, to check environment and bird health, and to examine condition of buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Observe physical condition of the flock; determine level of production according to age, and check for signs of disease and other health issues.
- Responsible for implementation and enforcement of SOPs, biosecurity guidelines and other standards and policies to ensure production of highest quality product and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate procedures for compliance with established programs; make recommendations to Growers to improve processes, flock productivity and well- being.
- Responsible for helping and educating Growers on evaluation, monitoring and troubleshooting issues to maintain optimum production.
- Persuade Growers to adjust methods or standards to better accomplish company objectives through troubleshooting, negotiation and sound listening.
- Monitor and maintain antibiotic-free, animal by-product free status of flocks, and ensure compliance with applicable certification such as organic, UEP, Humane
Farm and others, from placement through processing.
- Provide a written Field Service Report for each visit. Ensure accurate recordkeeping for visits and Growers results. Prepare weekly reports for management.
- Maintain data records in company database on regular basis. Analyze collected data for accuracy and distribute reports to respective management.
- Participate in production planning; from placement to processing, help analyze parameters with Director of Live Operations.
- Monitor compliance and make recommendations on environmental and animal welfare issues. Issue timely written documentation for Growers that continually operate in a non-compliant manner.
- Represent Egg Innovations at seminars, shows, meetings, etc. on topics related to live production, when required.
- Supervise pullet moves and placement of hen flocks on farms.
- Conduct monthly one on one meeting with growers and report on outcome.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Any/all as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisor responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires a bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.